I had a BRILLIANT idea for a quilt last Thursday night.
Friday I cut all the fabrics together and got to work.
Saturday it was going well.
Sunday I decided that I hated where it was going and I stuffed it in a box.
Wednesday is when I had an epiphany and things started coming together. I cut apart what I had already made and turned it into a border. Then I did what I should have done first: I drew a picture. I figured out what I needed, in which colors, and selected a few different fabrics.
Now things are coming together nicely. I have made a few more modifications as I sew, but I like it. It has the right amount of planned irregularity. Not wonky though.
Hopefully I'll finish the quilt top this weekend.